This quick and easy recipe will provide you with lots of fibre and protein.
- 200g can chickpeas and the juice it is in
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 large garlic cloves2 tsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 120g wholemeal pasta
- Spray oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 200g closed cup mushrooms, chopped
- One handful chopped parsley
- Make up the hummus using half the lemon juice, chickpeas, tahini and ground coriander.
- Whizz it in the food blender until a paste is formed.
- Boil a saucepan of water and add penne pasta.
- Cook as long as required, usually 20 minutes.
- Whilst waiting on the pasta to cook, heat a frying pan and spray on oil.
- Add the garlic and cook until golden brown.
- Throw in the onions and mushrooms.
- Cook until soft.
- Drain the pasta.
- Add it to the mushrooms, onions and garlic.
- Next stir through the hummus.
- Finally add another dash of lemon juice.