Easy to have these in the freezer for the rush of weekdays. Ideal for all the family.
- 125g blueberries
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 100g plain flour
- 100g wholemeal flour
- 200g rolled oats
- 75g brown sugar
- 250ml low fat milk
- 2 medium eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, chia seeds and sugar.
- Create a well in the dry ingredients and add the banana, egg yolks, milk and oil.
- Combine it all until it is a wet batter.
- In another bowl whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Next fold in the eggs whites and blueberries to the wet batter and mix evenly.
- Now it is time line the muffin tin with muffin cases. Divide the mix between 12 muffin cases.
- Pop them into the oven for 25 minutes (but keep an eye they don’t burn near the end).
- Carefully remove from the oven and place them on a wire tray to cool.
- Keeps for 5 days in airtight container or seal in an airtight bag for the freezer.
- Defrost the night before you need them.