Sushi is a really nice lunch dish that can be made the night before and chilled until needed. Perfect for work lunchboxes.
- 200g sushi rice
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp caster sugar1 avocado (destoned, peeled and sliced)
- juice ½ lemon
- 4 sheets nori seaweed
- 4 large slices smoked salmon
- 1 bunch chivessweet soy sauce
- Add 400ml of water and rice to a saucepan.
- Heat until all water is absorbed.
- Add vinegar and sugar and stir in. Cover and leave to cool.
- Squeeze lemon juice over avocado.
- Lay out the 4 nori seaweed sheets.
- Pop rice onto the sheets, leaving 1cm around all the edges.
- Place salmon over the rice, next chives and then avocado in the centre.
- Now the fun begins! Time to roll the sushi. Take the edge of the nori sheet and fold the edges on top of the rice, keep rolling until you have a nice tight roll.
- Wrap with roll with clingfilm and chill in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- Slice up into 6 portions and serve with sweet soy sauce.