- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 medium courgette, sliced
- 200g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 100g wholewheat pasta
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (optional)
- 1 x 400g can kidney beans, drained Food Staples
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
- Heat the oil in the pan on medium heat and cook the onion and garlic, stirring until the onion is soft.
- Add the courgette, mushrooms, peppers, fresh tomatoes and cook until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the tinned chopped tomatoes.
- Simmer, uncovered for a few minutes until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Add the kidney beans and cook until warmed through.
- Drain the pasta and toss the vegetables through it.
- Serve topped with chopped basil, if using