Does anyone else love autumn?
Beautiful colours, Halloween, darker evenings and flickering fires all evoke a wonderful sense of cosiness. I love making this delicious pumpkin soup, try it out it’s a really crowd pleaser.
- 1.3kg pumpkin peeled, sliced and seeded
- 3 tbsp olive oil (or better yet low cal spray oil)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 5 fresh sprigs thyme or 1 tsp dried thyme
- 700ml vegetable stock
- Low fat creme fraiche to serve
- Chop up the pumpkin into chunks. Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Fry onion, garlic and cumin for 3-4 mins.
- Add pumpkin and potato and fry. Stir for 5 mins.
- Pour in the stock. Simmer for 15 mins- check potato and pumpkin is soft.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve with a tsp of low fat creme fraiche.
*can be frozen before creme fraiche is added. Once cooled place in a zip lock bag. Defrost before using. Can be frozen for up to 3 months.