Time to prep 5 mins, Cooking time 40 mins
- A couple of sprays of oil
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- onions, finely chopped
- 350g parsnip, cut into sticks
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- few thyme sprigs
- flat-leaf parsley, to serve (optional)
- Heat a little spray oil in a large casserole with a lid.
- Brown the chicken until golden, then set aside.
- Add a couple of sprays of oil and cook the onions for 5 mins until softened.
- Place the thighs back amongst the onions and add the parnips.
- Mix the stock with the mustard and honey, then pour in.
- Scatter over the thyme, then bring to a simmer.
- Cover, then cook for 30 mins (or longer, see tip) until the chicken is tender, then season.
- Serve with steamed greens.