Is there anything nicer than warming roasted butternut squash soup?
- 2 Butternut Squash – halved and deseeded
- 2 onions
- 3 carrots
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2cm ginger
- 2 litres vegetable stock
- Spray olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- Roast 2 halved butternut squashes, chopped and peeled onions (2) and carrots(3) for 45 mins at 180 degrees.
- Drizzle 2 teaspoons of honey 5 mins before taking them out of the oven.
- Fry up 2cm of ginger in the largest high edged saucepan you have.
- Add 2 litres of vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- You can throw in a bit of pepper too.
- Scoop out the fleshy part of the butternut squash.
- Add this and the roasted onion and carrot to the large saucepan of stock and ginger.
- Finally blend until smooth.
There you have it…easy!
* Freeze in Ziploc bags for up to 3 months or keep in fridge for 3 days!